Become a Member of SYC
Some Frequently asked Questions
Beautiful Shoreline Yacht Club with spectacular views of the Shoreline Marina and Queen Mary. There are events, socials, racing, cruising going on every month. Come and check us out by calling for an appointment or show up at one of our Open House Tours.
- Do you own a boat?...If so is it docked locally?
- You do not have to own a boat to be a SYC member, we have many shore-side events, socials, parties, land cruises, etc.
- Are you Power or Sail? The club is roughly 50/50
- Are you interested in Sailing or racing? We are actively involved in many Top level competitive events!
- Learn to Sail for all ages! Juniors and Adults.
- Are you interested in cruising, Sail & Power? We have organized events every month!
- Are you interested in fishing (angling) competitions? We have them!
- We offer a very active Education Programs involving both power and sail, including Ham Radio.
- If you are interested in joining SYC, please review the Application Form. Membership Application, make a copy, complete the form and forward to the address provided or drop it off at the office.
- Request a tour of the Club before completing the Application Form, you may contact the office at 562-435-4093 and arrange for a tour.
- What are the Costs? $500 to join. Monthly dues $105 per month. There is no fixed amount that you are required to spend at the Club.
- Each membership consists of two (2) people.
- How do I get approved? The Membership Committee reviews your application and where possible, conducts a brief interview to get to know each other. The application is then turned over to the Board of Directors (who meet once a month) for final approval.
Should you have any additional questions, please contact Jean Lloyd, Membership Chairperson at 310-378-5109. She will be happy to provide any additional information you might need.